Monday, August 1, 2011

Green Striped Mani

A while ago Oooh Shinies posted a Striped Mani and I fell in love with it!
I keep a folder in inspiration mani's and did this on a whim the other night.

Instead of using blue I picked out 3 greens - Models Own Lime Green as a base
I then striped it with OPI Greenwich Village and Jade is the New Black
Originally I was going to use tape to get clean lines but it had gotten late and I didn't feel like waiting for each polish to dry. I carefully did one stroke of OPI Greenwich Village and used the thinner side of the brush when striping Jade is the New Black.
Despite freehanding the stripes I think they came out pretty good.
I will definitely be trying this mani out again!

11 comments:

  1. came out super cute, love all the greens you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great mani, try to add some black or white stripes between the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks great, i love all of those greens :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love the way it turned out:) But ya, I agree with Sabbatha, white or black stripes would look awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, I also love that the stripes are all different colors, it makes it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link, and I'm loving the colors you used! I don't have a green that's so bright as the first 2 you used, but I think I do need one now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I like freehand better, myself. Last month I went to a salmon and lobster bake and used two bright corals, and used the darker one as a side stripe (then used a slightly sparkly top coat). The few people that noticed thought it looked like a 'low-light' in the sun. I'd thought of putting a thin black stripe between the colors but I'm glad I didn't. I'm inspired - I can't wait to give it a go in green and other colors, maybe even with similar colors in different finishes. It could be a great holiday look.

    ReplyDelete