It is my favorite time of the month! Favorites posts & videos. This month I have been focusing on my skin and have not been doing much makeup, mostly because I am too lazy in the morning at 7:30AM to do a complete face. Since this is also my first favorites I thought I would show you essential products that are ALWAYS in my makeup/beauty routine
- BareMinerals The Shinging Moment Limunizer: review here
- Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation review here.
- Mac Careblend Powder This is my first compact but it is quite a nice powder. It's very smooth and gives nice coverage. Prior to this I used the Mac MSFN but I broke mine, unfortunately. find this has a little bit more coverage than the MSFN.
- L'Oreal Liner Intense felt tip liner I have been using this for years now. It's the only liner I will use on my upper lash line. It allows you to draw such precise lines and it lasts ALL DAY.
- Nars Luster: Nars blushes are hands down my favorite. I purchased this because this seems to be in everyone's top three Nars blushes. It is a nice apricot shade with gold shimmers. It's a great everyday blush, going out blush, I wanna be lazy and wear minimal makeup blush lol - seriously, it's great with any kind of look. I find Nars blushes to be very long lasting as well.
- Elizabeth Arden body lotion + Perfume. I found this while cleaning out my bathroom cabinets. I'm assuming I received it in a gift set and just never used it. I am so glad I found it because the scent is a lovely fresh burst of green tea. It lingers quiet nicely also. I also found a sample size of this in it's perfume form - lovely as well! I would suggest being careful if you have sensitive skin. I did read a lot of negative reviews saying the body lotion gave them a rash.
- Origins A Perfect World Antioxidant Moisturizer with white tea + A Perfect World White Tea skin guardian. During Cyber Monday I was browsing the Origins site and found The Perfect World set that contained these two products plus a face wash and toner. The brand states that this line has all of these wonderful anti-aging benefits which was what I was looking for. These two items really stood out to me. My skin has been drier than usual this winter and I find this is the only moisturizer in my small collection that really moisturizes my skin enough. I apply this morning and night as soon as I wash my face. There have been complaints that this doesn't sink into the skin right away but I always apply my moisturizer when my skin and hands are damp to help it absorb into my skin quicker. I love the scent of this! The white tea gives it a very soothing and relaxing feeling. The skin guardian has been my go to 'primer.' While this is not it's purpose it does have silicone (which does not effect my skin negatively) so it does a good job at filling in pores and fine lines. It makes your skin feel like silk! The main purpose of this is to protect your skin from pollutants in the air. I really like it as a barrier for my skin.I have not been using these products enough to see anti aging benefits but they are lovely products nonetheless.
- C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve - for my lips I have not been sticking to one specific color but I always put this on my lips - it is basically glorified vaseline but it smells much nicer (it also comes in mint and strawberry I believe). This stuff is also great if you have try patches of skin or problem cuticles
What are some of your monthly favorites?