Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring 2013 Makeup: Pinks and Peaches

Hello beauties. I am so happy to be writing this post because it means spring is here and summer is on it's way. Today I am going to share with you my favorite peaches and pinks to wear throughout the next few months. 


As far as nail polishes go Revlon's Passionate Pink, and China Glaze's Peach Keen, and High Hopes all scream spring to me. They are refreshing, bright shades! I have done posts on all of these colors seen here, here, and here.


I love coraly, peach blushes during this season! I think they just look so nice with bronzed skin. I just know I will be wearing Mac's Cream Soda blush that was recently released with the Archie's Girls Collection. This may be sold out online, but definitely check out your Mac counters or stores! Another blush I love for this time of year is Mac's Springsheen. On warm toned ladies, this looks really nice. This is a peachy shimmer shade that offers a really nice glowing cheek. This is a bit sheer but it's great for when you want a subtle peach glow. Swatched below I also have Illamasqua's Lover blush which shattered, unfortunately :( Lover is more of a apricot matte blush but so so beautiful and will look great on a large span of skintones
A few lip-products that I love during this season are Mac's Dazzleglass in Extra Amps, Benefits Ultra Shine lipgloss in Spiked Punch and Mac's Lipstick in Chatterbox. Extra Amps is great because it is so super sparkly and looks great when the sun shines on your lips. Benefits Spiked Punch has super little shimmer and is a really nice peachy sheer gloss.
Mac's Chatterbox is what I purchased to mimic True Blood's Sooki's hot pink lipstick shade she wore the first few seasons. Chatterbox is a cool opaque pink that's not super in your face bright, but it stands out at the same time
While, I don't have any pinks or peaches I wear on my eyes, I did not want to go on with this post without mentioning one shade I love to wear on my lids in the spring. Mac's All That Glitters is a shimmery beige that is so simple to wear along or with a lighter crease color like soft brown, or a deeper shade like Espresso. 

Top to bottom: Mac Extra Amps, Benefit Spiked Punch, Mac Chatterbox
From top to bottom: Mac Springsheen, Mac Cream Soda, Mac All That Glitters,  Illamasqua Lover


What are some of your pink//peach spring must haves?
xxx





17 comments:

  1. Some lovely items! I adore the Betty Blush and All That Glitters for spring as well! But now I need to go get my hands on Benefit's Spiked Punch... that lipgloss is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love colors like these! So fitting for the warm weather :) A must have for me is Peachy Keen as well and I definitely wear a lot of corals like OPI Guy Meets Gal-Veston and the Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmm, I have been meaning to check out Tutti Fruiti!
      xxx

      Delete
  3. mac chatterbox has been on my wish list for AGES now! looks gorge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just did a post (maybe a week ago?) on peach products as well!! Using these colors really does make spring feel a bit closer and you've got some great ones here ^__^

    Cassie
    thriftthick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I will definitely check your post out :)

      Delete
  5. The china glaze nail polish in the coral/orange colour is beautiful. Such a lovely nail colour for summer x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite to wear on my toes!
      It was part of an old collection but I think I have seen in around nail supply websites
      xxx

      Delete
  6. love mac extra amps. so pretty! new follower here! love the blog! <3 erica

    http://mindbodybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chevron nailart! Wow!

    And Mac Chatterbox looks pretty! You know what you did? You lured me into getting more Mac lippies :D! Love Captive so much I now also bought Rebel... and there might be added more in the future ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EEk, how amazing is Rebel?! That is actually the last Mac lipstick I purchased!
      I'm sorry, yet glad I have turned you onto Mac lipsticks :))

      Delete
  8. Love China glaze's peach keen! Such a nice color <3 x

    Grace
    @Grace of Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Too bad it only looks nice on me when I have a tan lol

      Delete